Ragging is a disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student. The cause of indulging in ragging is deriving a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by the seniors over their juniors or fresher. Two years B.Ed. Programme has given an avenue to our college to have an Anti Ragging cell. The important functions of Anti Ragging Cell are as follows:
- • To take cognizance of any breach of discipline and suggest immediate disciplinary action in such cases.
- • To implement and coordinate anti-ragging measures along with members of teaching staff & students.
- • To decide the quantum of punishment to be imposed on the erring students.
- • To monitor discipline among students’ community in classroom as well as at other places.
- • To conduct enquiries of the defaulter students against individual/collective indiscipline.
- • Collection of relevant evidences of incidence of indiscipline.
- • To take preventive steps such as issue of notices, warning, instructions, regulating certain actions etc. against individual or collective indiscipline.
THE COMPOSITION OF THE ANTI-RAGGING CELL:
|1||Dr. Sandhya Rai||Chairperson|
|2||Fr. Dr. Francis A.V., S.J.||Member|
|3||Dr. Sebastian V.J.||Co-ordinator|
|4||Ms. Julie Chhetri||Member|
|5||Ms. Roshni Sharma||Member|
|6||Ms. Premica B. Lepcha||Member|