- a) In the age when the human values are gradually eroding, the All India Association for Christian Higher Education (AIACHE) understood the need of the hour and organized a three day national Students’ Assembly on 28-30 December 2013 to focus on the development of the human values. The staff and student-teachers received certificate of participation. The staff and the student-teachers are enabled to equip themselves with values and skills.
- b) Besides time to time AIACHE keeps on giving valuable information to our college pertaining to latest and modern education system.
- c) It has encouraged the staff by awarding for their contribution in the field of the education too.
JHEASA organizes Conferences by inviting all the Jesuit Higher Educational Institutions and provides orientation with respect to New National Educational Policy of the Central government, quality sustenance in all the Jesuit Educational Institutions, and Intra-collaboration among the centers for higher learning.
Jesuit College Principals’ Association of Kolkata and Darjeeling province (JCPAKDP) organizes Meet time to time and organizes very fruitful Student Leadership Programme and Faculty Development Programme every year.
A meeting on National Level Exchange Programme in Teacher Education was organized by St.Xavier's College (Autonomous) Kolkata on January, 29-30, 2016. A historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) based upon the principles of mutual equality and the reciprocity of benefits was laid down and signed by the Principals and Vice Principals of St.Xavier's College, Ranchi, St.Xavier's College of Education, Patna, Loyola College of Education, Jamshedpur, Loyola College of Education, Namchi and St. Xavier's College,Kolkata. This association will be cooperating with each other pertaining to staff and Student Exachange Programme, Activity Exchange Programme and Joint Research Programme in compliance with laws. A hearty thanks to Professor Fr Felix Raj, S.J, Principal of St, Xavier's College, Kolkata for this innovative and farsighted initiative.
DRISTI is Namchi based Non Governmental Organisation and was established in 1996 and has been working in the field of Health, Environment and Education, Child & Women Rights as a non-profit , non- funding and secular Organisation. Our College collaborates with this NGO for the activities related with the Environmental, Child and Women’s Right Issues. We have a member of our Anti Sexual Harassment Cell from this NGO.
Brahmakumaris RajYoga meditation Centre, Namchi gives the courses in the experiential learning in Rajyoga Meditation and the complete Knowledge of History and Geography of the World. It is the subcentre of Prajapita Brahma World Spiritual University which provides the value based education. The interested students of our college visit the centre and learn meditation. Our students got the opportunities to have on campus Hatha Yoga Experiences (Aasanas) during the observance of International Yoga Day on June 21, 2016. The Resource person was B.K Sunil from Namchi Centre.
The college has the MOU with IGNOU and has a programme Study Centre 2405P for B,Ed Course from Open Mode since 2002. Our college gives Academic Counselling and Twelve days Workshop annually for the student teachers of Sikkim. Many in service teachers of Sikkim have benefitted from this programme.
By the virtue of our college location, the Centre for the Department of Handloom & Handicraft, South Sikkim tends to be our immediate neighbor. As per NCTE, 2014 regulations & as per Sikkim University B.Ed Curriculum there is the inclusion of Local Handicrafts as one of the way of Enhancement of the Professional Capacities (EPCs). We take our students to visit this centre and explore the possible talents in them as a part of SUPW.
Association of Roman Catholic Educational Institutions of Sikkim(ARCEIS) is very important Collaborators of our college. We have got the opportunities to organize Painting contest, Essay Writing Contest and Science Exhibition for both Junior and Senior Section of the schools belonging to ARCEIS. Our College has organized Three Days Retreat programme for the Teachers of ARCEIS this year (2016).
Our college has strong collaboration with her sister organization, i.e, St Joseph’s College, Darjeeling. This institution organizes various faculty development programmes and student enrichment programmes for both the colleges.
We are fortunate to have number of ever helpful & proactive educational institutions in and around Namchi. They are ever ready to provide internship Teaching practice and to carry out various Field Based Activities (FBAs) by our student teachers. Name of the schools are as follows:
- 1. Government New Secondary School, Namchi.
- 2. Government Girls’ Senior Secondary School, Namchi.
- 3. Government Senior Secondary School, Namchi.
- 4. Government Jr. High School, Mikhola.
- 5. Government Jr. High School, Gaom.
- 6. Government Sr. Secondary School, Kitam.
- 7. Government Sr. Secondary School, Nandugaom.
- 8. Government Jr. High School, Assangthang, Namchi.
- 9. Government Jr. High School, Salleybong
- 10. Government Jr. High School, Tinzir, Namchi.
- 11. Govt. Jr. High School, Ghurpesey
- 12. Namchi Public School, Namchi.
- 13. New Light Academy, Namchi.
- 14. Tendong Educational Institute, Namchi.
- 15. J.M.K. Memorial School, Namchi
- 16. Mount Carmel School, Namchi